Monday, January 30, 2012

Link Mondays

Here are some things that have fascinated me, inspired me, intrigued me, and made me smile this past week:



Who knew sandwiches could be a work of art. 
Brittany reinterpreted famous artists and their 
work in the form a sandwich. 
Any guesses for whose work this sandwich represents?
Picture from low commitment project.
This collaboration, aptly named, low-commitment project, by friends Tae Kitakata and Brittany Powell. Tae and Brittany alternate every Monday to post one simple, low cost, "low-commitment" art project on the blog. So far, each of the art projects they have posted have been creative and smart, and look like each of them had lots of fun doing them! I will certainly be looking at their website every Monday to see what they have been up to that week!















This stop motion music video for Kina Grannis's new song, In your arms. I can't believe that each background in this video is made of jelly beans - thousands and thousands of them! The video took almost two years to make and involved 30 people. I think all of the work was worth every jelly bean - the end result is stunning! See the making of the video here.





I am looking forward to watching the Happy Film - a film that, according to it's website, "takes a look at the strategies serious psychologists recommend to improve one’s personal well-being and overall happiness." The film isn't out yet, but you should see the trailer - it is pretty cool.
From tabisso

These lovely dream-like photos from an Alice in Wonderland themed wedding made me smile. They look like they are so much in love.


These punctuation lamps by French design company, Tabisso. I want each one of these in my house, when I grow up. Also, check out their alphabet and number chairs. So cool!

  

These amazing pictures of the Northern Lights in the Norway from the past few weeks. Apparently the solar activities that lead to the phenomenon was at a seven year peak this weekend. We were planning to go see the lights later in February, but couldn't work the detials out in time. Hopefully we can go this coming winter. Seeing the Northern Lights with Mr. Sunshine is on my life list. The link is in Norwegian, but the pictures are stunning! Check out this beautiful time lapse video of the lights in Finland. Doesn't it give you goose bumps?








0 comments:

Post a Comment