Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Eames Documentary

Photograph from the Press Room of First Run Features 

Eames House of Cards by
The Curiosity Shoppe

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend? I know it is still Tuesday, but it is never too early to plan out a weekend. Plus, planning for the weekend makes the week go by faster (I think). I know what Mr. Sunshine and I are doing this weekend - apart from sleeping in late and baking some savory scones for an expat meet up - watching Eames: The Architect and the Painter - a documentary about designers Charles Ormond Eames, Jr and Bernice Alexandra "Ray" Eames on PBS . I discovered the work of the amazingly multi-faceted, and from what I have read, very cool couple a few years ago, and have been a big fan ever since. One of the things to do on my life list is to own an Eames chair. Specifically this (in bright Yellow, if I can find one) and this. I have also been lusting after an Eames coat hanger and their House of Cards

You can find the trailer and show times in the States here, and the whole documentary here.  There is also a companion website detailing their design timeline. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment