Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy Holidays!

The Sunshine family Christmas tree


Happy holidays, everyone! I hope all of you are having a great holiday weekend, and are celebrating these last few days of 2011 (yikes! - where did this year go?) with family and friends and lots of good food and drinks. I would love to hear what you are doing to see off this year!


We at the Sunshine household have had a busy (but fun) past few weeks. Mr. Sunshine's cousins who study in Sweden are here to spend Christmas and New Year's eve with us. They arrived yesterday, and as usual, Mr Sunshine and I were running around trying to get the apartment in order before they arrived. A lot of shopping trips to Ikea later, I am happy to say that we might just have the most organized home we have ever had. 


We have had a lovely Christmas so far. Yesterday, we decorated our tree, listened to some good music,  went for a lovely walk around town, and ate lots. Today, we plan to make our very first Norwegian-American-Indian inspired Christmas dinner with pinnekjøt as the main star of our meal. I am keeping my fingers crossed to see how it turns out.


I am going to take a break for a few days, and try and be back to posting regularly after the New Year. If I don't get to speak with you before that - have a lovely Holiday season! Stay warm, if you are in a cold place. And if you live in a warm place, well, then go have a few Mojitos for me!




Much love,
XOXOXO
Ms. Sunshine



1 comment:

  1. Dont forget the mashed kålrot to go with the pinekjøt!!!!
    Did u made the riskrem???? Did u put one almond on it??? Its really fun!
    Loving to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete