Friday, September 23, 2011

Biking

I came across this quote by a John Howard (not sure if it's the bicyclist or the Australian PM, though I would think it would be the cyclist) while ago, and it made me giggle - "The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine". Mr. Sunshine and I bought shiny new bikes a few months ago with plans to bike around town (as much as it is possible in a concrete city like Houston). We took them out once and then when we got news about Mr. Sunshine's jobs, the poor bikes were the first things we put for sale. So much so for our grand plans. Hopefully, we'll be able to bike around in Stavanger, though I am not too keen on biking when it snows or rains. We shall have to see. Until then, I can always dream about the perfect yellow bike, with a black and white polka dotted bell that I have always wanted :-)


Here are some of my favorite bike related things:




Row one, from left to right:
Image1: Yellow bike from CB2. It is so cheery! I wish they had one for women too.
Image2: Handmade bike shelf by Etsy seller UrbanCityBikeShelves
Image3: Bike bell from Etsy seller dringdring

Row two, from left to right:
Image1: Water bottle from Modcloth
Image 3: Write a bike by Juri Zaech. Someone needs to start manufacturing these, NOW!




Row one, from left to right:
Image 1: Tandem bike print by Etsy Seller thedreamygiraffe
Image 2: Bike type print by Etsy seller annasee

Row two, from left to right:
Image 1: Bike print by Blanca Gomez from Poster Cabaret. Also by Blanca Gomez, this pretty print
Image 2: Recycle print by Etsy seller ilovedoodle



Row one, from left to right:
Image 1: Bike booties (So cute!) by Etsy seller GrowingUpWild
Image 2: Bicycle messenger bag by Etsy seller happyfamily
Image 3: Bike brooch by Howkapow

Row two, from left to right
Image 1: Color wheel tee from Threadless, designed by Ross Zietz   
Image 3: Bike onesie by sweetpeanut from Poppy Clementine




Row one, from left to right:
Image 1: Cyclepedia: A Century of Iconic Bicycle Design by Michael Embacher and Paul Smith
Image 2: Retro bike notecards by Inkspotworkshop. Found via papercrave

Row two, from left to right:
Image 1: Bike journal by Etsy seller alittlelark
Image 2: Bike Snob by Christopher Koelle
Image 3: Paper bike model from uponafold. They have the best paper products!


Have a sunshiny weekend!


XOXOXO


Ms. Sunshine

0 comments:

Post a Comment